Samstag, 3. Dezember 2016

FMA 045: Tom Weaver (Casey)

The day I interviewed Tom of CASEY was the first day of their European tour. To avoid havoc they began their trip a day earlier and stayed in France/Belgium. Despite that foresight CASEY barely made it to Frankfurt since their van broke down and totally flipped their schedule. This malfunction left them wondering how to carry their gear to and back from the venue. Luckily, after the show another band who played that night offered to carry CASEY’s gear from the venue to their broken bus. 
Tom Weaver (Casey)
But unfortunately, gear transportation wasn't the only problem. Tom and his mates intended to sleep in the van too because they hadn’t had any other option. 
So I stood amidst a lot of trouble looking for a little interview.

All that though, did not seem to affect Tom who crushed the old FMA-record for the longest video by a landslide of 10 minutes.

Tom told me about their troubles after our shooting.
I couldn’t bear the thought of CASEY having no sleeping place and offered to stay at my place. Tom and I exchanged phone numbers.
(I did this once before: MAKE DO AND MEND crushed my living room a couple of years ago.)

I had scheduled another interview that night. While I was on my way to the next show Tom texted me that they solved the problem and wouldn’t need to strain my kindness.
Great for them.
Kinda not so great for my anecdote which now lacks a 'The morning after'-segment. But that's okay.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen