Samstag, 3. Dezember 2016

FMA 038: Jonas Rey & Okan Deniz (I Am Revenge)

I grabbed Jonas and Okan at Smash It Festival 2016 in Dresden. After I watched the headlining NOVELISTS I headed back to the outside area to catch I AM REVENGE at their merchandise.

 Jonas Rey & Okan Deniz  (I Am Revenge)
All bands had already packed their stuff up. I AM REVENGE were the one and only band that still wanted to leave their merch laid out. No surprise since they had just released their new record “RVNG” the day before on BDHW Rec.
(For which I later had to review for FUZE Magazine.)

After fixing and re-installing some lights we started. Right after the start one of the funniest moments in FMA history happened and of course I kept filming and Okan’s  Black Metal-ish impression stayed in the video.

Afterwards I talked to Jonas who really expressed his appreciation of this project and ensured me a further interview with his other band LAX DIAMOND.

Since three’s a charm I also talked to drummer Bertrand. He’s from South Africa, a country I visited in December of 2015. So we talked about nepotism, crime, bribes and how he used to travel there twice a year when he was younger. We agreed that everybody who is complaining about the life in Germany should witness the living standards and conditions down there to re-evaluate how blessed we all are to grow up as well as live in such a developed region that Central Europe is.


p.s.
A couple of weeks later I booked I AM REVENGE for Mosh gegen Krebs 5. On the day they confirmed to play I received, as mentioned above, their record “RVNG” to review it for FUZE Magazine. A lifeline bond?

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen