Samstag, 3. Dezember 2016

FMA 043: Marcus Perks & Kaila Whyte (Youth Man)

This is the only interview I shot in Cologne.
This is the only video with two parts.

Marcus Perks & Kaila Whyte (Youth Man)
YOUTH MAN supported almighty LETLIVE on their European mainland run.

After the show I waited for any member of YOUTH MAN at their merch. But before Marcus or Kaila showed up I first ran into Chris, singer of FJØRT which I also had inquired for an interview. He felt flattered and had no words for being recognized as the singer of his band. Unbelievingly, Chris actually remembered who I was, what my project was about and ensured that he was working on FJØRT’s FMA segment. But touring, rehearsing and university kept him from completing his thoughts on the topic.

While we shook hands I asked him to keep on writing amazing lyrics YOUTH MAN sat down beside the merch. They were immediately down for an interview. Marcus and Kaila took me downstairs to some kind of cellar and set a new record for “Longest Video”.

I was pretty close to interview LETLIVE, as well. But due to various reasons they had not enough time Jason admitted. They had an early curfew, needed to answer mails for their upcoming European tour six months later (with PIERCE THE VEIL and CREEPER) and their friends in BLESSTHEFALL played in Cologne on that day, too which made a visit mandatory.

Unfortunately, Kaila has been one of only three women who joined FMA so far. I tried to shape FMA as diverse as possible. After all the Alternative/Punk/Hardcore/Metalcore scene always brags about being tolerant, welcoming and open-minded. Still the question remains: Why do we then mostly just see white males performing on stage? That doesn’t seem too diverse at all…

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen