Sonntag, 9. Oktober 2016

FMA 026: Tobias Hojka & Daryl Mevissen (Never Back Down)

Tobias Hojka & Daryl Mevissen (Never Back Down)
In the case of NEVER BACK DOWN:
Never heard of them.

The only “Never back down” I had known before was from a THROWDOWN-song, the intro of their record “Haymaker” which, to me, remains as one of my most favorite early metalcore/hardcore records.

NEVER BACK DOWN were given the chance to support the Czech headliner because they’re from the same hometown area as the promoter of that show.

After NBD agreed we sneaked near the venue’s office where we tried to brighten up the scenery with my rough-and-ready phone light.

After a chuckling start to the video it took Tobias and Daryl a couple of minutes before they really got to their core and then, once on a roll, couldn’t stop anymore. At least that’s what it felt to me standing there almost for 15 minutes holding my phone.

Although, she does not appear in the video NEVER BACK DOWN’s Carolin* was one of not even a handful of female musicians I saw on stage during this project. Frankly, I still do not know where this heavily one-sided ratio stems from... Well, does anyone?

*EDIT:
Lately, Carolin has left the band and was replaced by, quelle surprise, a male bassist.


p.s.
Watch their video for "White Rose".


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen