Samstag, 30. Juli 2016

FMA 010: Jonas Kakoschke & Stephan Oesterreicher (Kafvka)

Jonas Kakoschke & Stephan Oesterreicher (Kafvka)
When I ran into KAFVKA I had no idea that they would actually play that night because the promoter did not announce a supporting act for the headliner before the show. Doubtlessly, I was positively surprised and overwhelmed.

One of their first songs (“Scheiss auf Koks”) features a verse that got stuck to my mind the second when I heard it for the first time back in 2013:

„Groß in der Kleinstadt / klein in der Großstadt”

(“Big in small-town / small in big-town“).

On interview-day their debut LP “Hände hoch” was officially released through Wolfpack Entertainment.

After we shot the video I told Jonas that I always introduce KAFVKA as “KAFVKA with F like Franz and V like Markus” to new people. He smiled. It turned out to be just the exact same way the band introduces itself.


Further, I explained to him that the aforementioned line “Groß in der Löeinstadt / klein in der Großstadt” had a special meaning to me at the end of 2015 since I once was left behind by someone ‘small’ who decided to go for the big money in KAFVKA’s hometown.

----------

Jonas is also engaged in Flüchtlinge willkommen (“Refugees welcome”), an initiative that imparts private housing space (e.g. flat-sharing communities) to refugees. Please get in touch with them if you should have a room available!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen