Sonntag, 8. Januar 2017

FMA 052: Tom Janssens & Jens Houbishpek (Escape)

Actually I didn’t intend to interview ESCAPE but as I waited outside and the bands I actually waited for got stuck at the airport I decided to it with them. To kill time and stock pile my interview roster.

All started outside the venue where Jens asked me if it’s okay to smoke weed in public in Germany. He went on telling me about the drug problem in his hometown of Tongeren, Belgium. Marijuana is cultivated in Belgium and then exported to the Netherlands. This trafficking route comes through Tongeren.

Further Jens told me that he once was supposed to fill in for xDavyx of xVICIOUSx.
Jens is also familiar with ASHES, another Belgium band you’ll sooner or later see at FMA.
Tom Janssens & Jens Houbishpek (Escape)
Not so funny fun fact 1:
We had to re-shoot the video interview again because while filming a weird elderly person loudly talked about PCs he used back in 1984.

Not so funny fun fact 2:
There was an anecdote why Jens chose “Houbishpek” as last name, which is not his real last name. It had something to do with bacon (in Dutch “spek”). But unfortunately I’ve forgotten it. I think it was about bands, breakfast and bacon…




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen