Sonntag, 6. November 2016

FMA 029: Matt Fox (Shai Hulud)

Shortly after I had arrived at the venue I followed to find the not exactly outlined destination ‘merchandise’.
It was SHAI HULUD’s bassist’s shift – unfortunately I’ve forgotten his name. I directly introduced my intentions and asked him about
Matt Fox (Shai Hulud)
an interview. The tall man immediately referred to Matt for he is the only original member left in SHAI HULUD. Therefore he might be the best fit to talk to. 
We scheduled a retry after their set.

Well, their set… It was my first time seeing SHAI HULUD live. Afterwards I totally understood why SHAI HULUD enjoys such a high praise within the scene and is one of the most favorite bands of my friend Tritschi.
(One day before that show it was Tritschi’s birthday. Therefore I decided to buy him a little gift: a Misanthropy Pure-shirt.)

After my gift shopping I remained leaning up against the black colored walls to await Matt. But before I had the honor to shake Matt Fox’ hand another Matt stepped into my reality.
While waiting I congratulated the singer of SHAI HULUD which actually isn’t the singer: Matty Carlock who commonly is a country singer/songwriter replaced the actual vocalist only three weeks before the tour. Short time for prep but he definitely did a good job.

After Matty had wandered off to the backstage showers Matt delivered his rather unique FMA contribution.
“What makes Matt’s interview this special?” you may wonder. It was how he picked up and interpreted the question “How does creativity enrich your life?”. He really gave it an entirely different twist and approach than anybody before or after him.


*Fun fact for locals from Frankfurt/Wiesbaden:
After the interview Matt picked up a couple of CDs he had laid aside. One of them was “Empty Handed, Heavy Hearted” by SHATTERED LIONS.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen