Freitag, 3. Juni 2016

FMA 002: Carla Janiel & Timo Giesecke (Texas Local News)


TEXAS LOCAL NEWS were one of the few bands that I actually emailed before I went to their show. Luckily, they replied and, even better, agreed to join this project. 

On the day we made the video TLN played at the EP-release show of another local band.

After I arrived at the venue I greeted them in front of their merchandise. They remembered what my idea was about and had nothing but one question:
“We’re a GEMA-band. Isn’t that some kind of too ‘commercial’ for your project?”
“No”, I said, “since this is probably more to you than just getting a couple of bucks for your airplays etc., isn’t it?”
We shared that one glance that said it all.
And off we went to shoot the video backstage.

Carla Janiel & Timo Giesecke (Texas Local News)
Unfortunately, Carla has been one of only three women who joined FMA so far. I tried to shape FMA as diverse as possible. After all the Alternative/Punk/Hardcore/Metalcore scene always brags about being tolerant, welcoming and open-minded. Still the question remains: Why do we then mostly just see white males performing on stage? That doesn’t seem too diverse at all…

----------

TEXAS LOCAL NEWS just released their debut full length “Momentum” via Redfield Digital. Go check out their vidoe for "Disclosure".

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen