Samstag, 11. Juni 2016

FMA 003: xDavyx Beeckman (xVICIOUSx)

xDavyx Beeckman (xVICIOUSx)
During this project I’ve met Marius who is the sound engineer at the venue where have done most of the videos. Just like everybody else Marius celebrates his birthday once a year. In 2016 he decided to book himself a birthday-show with a couple of Belgian and local bands. Happily, I was invited.
One of those bands was xVICIOUSx.
As I approached them the guys immediately told me to shoot the video with Davy for he probably speaks the best English of ‘em all.
After the interview we kept chatting and stranded talking about TITLE FIGHT. I like their “Floral Green”. Davy likes “Hyperview” and additionally recommended CEREMONY’s latest effort “The L-Shaped Man”.
Furthermore, he told me that xVICIOUSx played in Dresden the night before with a band called SOULBREAKER.
Well… Okay… Why does that matter?
SOULBREAKER is a band from my hometown area of Senftenberg in Brandenburg and the new project of Caro (BITTER VERSES) and Hoschi (ex-FACEPUNCH). Some members of those bands and I visited the same school.
In that moment I once more realized how small this world can be as I talked to a stranger from Belgium on a rainy Sunday afternoon in Frankfurt/Main who just shared the stage with people from the place in which I grew up. Sick.

----------

xVICIOUSx just released their debut full-length “XXIV” on Reality Records.

Make sure to check out Davy’s other project ANIMAL CLUB.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen